Wednesday, January 20, 2010

2 posts in row!!!

I can't believe I am blogging two days in a row... but to tell you what, I think I am over my blogger's block.

Well, today is great weather and the morning divers should be back any minute. We seem to be having a week of certified diver this week. Sometimes we have weeks were it seems all our divers are newbies getting certified, or other weeks lots of people who are snorkeling and doing try dives, but this week is the week of the experienced divers.

That is always really nice as when people do multiple days diving we get to know them better, so we can have their equipment prepared on the boat, we know how much weight they need, how they like to enter and exit the water, etc. Plus you find out more and more about people as well.

This week most of the divers brought their own equipment. It is always nice to dive with your own equipment, but in these days of reduced baggage allowances and increased cost for extra baggage, you may want to think about leaving it behind. We have new, reliable equipment here. Sometimes, people decide to use our equipment instead of their own because they prefer it... especially our masks.

Things that I would bring if I was restricted with luggage and going on a diving vacation would be... my mask, my diving computer, my Deployable Surface Marker Bouy and my wetsuit. The rest, well... it isn't worth it for me. Some people don't like to use regulators that other people have put in their mouths, so a good trick is just to bring your own mouthpiece. I have a SeaCure mouthpiece that I love, because it is molded to my teeth so I don't ever get jaw ache, or have to deal with a mouthpiece that someone else has bitten through!

For me having my own mask is important because it really increases the enjoyment of your dive if you have a well fitted mask. My dive computer I need because I would never trust someone else to calculate my no deco time. My Deployable Surface Marker Bouy, because it has saved my life on numerous occasions, and my wetsuit because, well... I like to be warm. So without the BCD, the regs and the fins, I am really saving a lot of space and weight.

Of course, it may make sense financially to bring everything if rental is expensive, but otherwise, I would leave it at home!

Hold on, divers are back, will finish up in a sec!

Sorry about that. Well, I can report that the divers had a great time, the vis was great, they saw lots of Turtles, and Octopus and loads or Moray eels. So they seemed happy. The weather is great today, although there are some clouds up above, hopefully they will clear out for this afternoon.

Chris is back on Friday... yeah! Only two more days.

Alright, I'm going to try and keep this stint going and blog again tomorrow!

Have a great day everyone! I know I am!!!

(Sally wrote this blog :) )

1 comment:

Alex said...

You can book your diving holidays here - https://divebooker.com/